Sakura Koi Watercolors; 2 of 6: Jill

Deep pools of aquamarine, ruby red and citrus orange (just to mention a few) are being splashed around the Studio.  Come jump in with us and get inky as we explore the wonderful palette of Sakura Koi Watercolors.

For more information about the Sakura Koi Water Color 
Field Sketch Travel Kit click "here".

Oh, how I LOVE my Sakura Koi watercolors!  For my first project, I am using a new (and gorgeous) Penny Black brushstroke stamp, 40-332 Pure Iris.  
This was a two step technique. First, I colored directly onto my stamp using Tombow Dual Brush Pens. I lightly misted the stamp and then pressed it onto Canson 140 Lb. watercolor paper.  Now, here's where I grabbed my Kois... In order to add additional shading and dimension to the flower and background, I painted right on top of the stamped image using the Sakura Koi watercolors.  These paints blended beautifully with the original marker color beneath.  To finish things off I added a few paint splatters and also some subtle background text stamping (Penny Black 30-238 Footnotes) using Ranger Archival Ink in the color of Tree Branch.  I removed some of the ink from the text stamp with a baby wipe before stamping for a light, vintage look.
And stay tuned, in a week or two I will have a video demonstrating this technique using another new brushstroke image from Penny Black.