Sunshine and Flowers, 2 of 4: Jill

Whether on paper or outside our window... we're celebrating Sunshine and Flowers here in the Studio.

When I think of flowers, I immediately think of Penny Black's beautiful brushstroke stamps.  I love that these stamps make me feel like a watercolor artist!  Today I have a trio of cards made using these stamps and similar techniques.  When working with brushstroke stamps, my go-to technique is to color directly onto the stamp with Tombow Dual Brush Pens, mist with water, and then stamp down onto watercolor paper.  I then go back to the stamped image with a paintbrush and plain water to blend the stamped ink even more.  Finally, I paint the background with watercolors.  Once dry, I add additional background color using Distress Inks and an ink blending tool with a foam pad.

Penny Black Supplies: 40-453 Passionate, 51-007 Tagged, 30-240 Textures, 30-284 Sprigs


 Penny Black Supplies: 40-452 Bejeweled, 30-238 Footnotes, 30-283 Snippets, 51-007 Tagged

Penny Black Supplies: 40-450 the Unfolding, 30-283 Snippets, 1999L Letter Background, 51-104 Hello, 51-051 Tabs & Toggles